Saturday, June 18, 2005

Sleeping

I'm weathering my night shifts all right simply because I seem to find myself sleeping all those hours I am not working. While this is fine for now, I don't see this as a long-term solution for night shifts. I also know that perhaps I am not as fine as I think I am: when I came home yesterday morning, I took my credit card out of my wallet in order to let myself into the house. I found the key worked better. This, I suppose, is how medication errors are made.

Night shifts do have their advantages: things are much quieter and there is definitely a feeling of camaraderie when you take a 2:00AM break for "lunch". There are also less medications to be given so I'm allowed to do a lot more. I've done some neat things like peritoneal dialysis, drawing bloods from central lines and hanging lipids (neat to me, thoroughly boring and routine for most).

So I'm heading up there now for my 4th shift in 6 days which brings me to 50 hours this week. We have 212 hours to do before graduation so it's satisfying to know I have made a good dent in that.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep at it my lovely vampire.
DG

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Joan said...

HI, stumbled upon your blog while looking for some communication among psych nurses, which I am. First blog I ever read! Enjoy it. You are a good writer. I've been a nurse for 25 years. 18 of them in psych. Looking forward to reading about your job.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Joan said...

PS, realize you're not a psych nurse now. You were in your psych rotation when I found your blog.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Mesothelioma Cancer Help said...

Ik heb absoluut sommige fouten in de uitwerking van dit, maar allen voor beter gemaakt.Earnestly, Cinthia mesothelioma lawyers southern california

1:24 PM  
Blogger Easy Way to Quit Smoking said...

Hi blogger, I was out blogging and came across your site. It's been great reading through. It certainly looks like you've taken time to organise it. Well done and keep up the good work.

Regards
Mesothelioma treatment Information

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bloggers

Find Out More About personal spiritual growth books

Within these pages, you�ll learn how to:
� Discover and access your spiritual faculties
� Open yourself to a guiding higher consciousness
� Remove psychological and spiritual blocks
� Find your true self as you understand the nature and function of the soul
� Create and control your own path
� Use spiritual energy to heal yourself and others
� Enhance your body, mind, and soul to live a life of harmony
This transformational book is more than just a guide . . . it�s a way back to living from the inside out. It will help you (no matter what your walk of life) follow your own spiritual journey. John says, �Once your spiritual gifts are recognized, opened, and used, you�ll see yourself and the world in a way you never thought possible!�

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tramadol online buy tramadol online from canada - tramadol dosage child

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Blog Baltimore »