Monday, April 18, 2005

Being Dick

For the next two weeks, my research fellowship requires that I audit how well a unit's nurses are using a new screening tool. I'm not allowed to actually be on the floor during the audit because the nurses haven't been told they're being evaluated. Therefore, I have to perform the audit in an undisclosed location so it will be fun pretending to be Dick Cheney for two weeks.

Today was the first day of our Community Health Nursing course and it is wonderful so far. It's amazing just how healthy people can be when you bring good nursing care *to* them. Tomorrow we have a day-long boot camp to learn how to do home visits and ways to be safe and smart while touring East and West Baltimore. We've been told to bring a map. I have a bad feeling we're going to be asked to take a black marker and designate certain areas as "no go" zones. I hope not.

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Hello 'unlikely RN'

Please will you help me with my research into blogs on work-related matters? It's only a quick, anonymous and non-traceable questionnaire.

It can be found at:

http://www.my3q.com/home2/62/apr2112/24991.phtml

My own blog gives more detail about my research.

Thanks

James

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Blog Baltimore »