Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Typed for Life

Today I did something a bit rash. I signed up to be part of the national bone marrow registry which involved donating a blood sample and filling out a questionnaire about my background. If my tissue sample matches someone who is looking for a bone marrow donation, I will be contacted and will have the option of undergoing further tests to see if I qualify as a donor. Since I've actually seen a bone marrow aspiration, I'm horrifingly well-informed about what it would involve. However, I'd probably get a choose-your-own-adventure narcotics prescription and there's the whole saving someone's life bit, too. You should check it out and consider signing up: http://www.marrow.org/.

Speaking of selfless committments, please read the third comment under yesterday's post (my Mac OS <9-age computer doesn't let me insert links into posts...sorry). The person who typed in "Caregiver hating patients" came forward and told his or her story and the rather compelling reason for the search term. The brief rationale is pretty moving and reminds me that nurses are often caregivers in the hospital only. So much more caring goes on at home and I should never forget this.

As for the first two comments on that same post, I have no idea what my friends are trying to say. I think they are trying to out-geek each other but that's where my comprehension ends. Could either of you translate for the rest of us?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"choose-your-own-adventure narcotics prescription"

sure as hell beats the Hardy Boys!


natester

11:59 AM  
Blogger Ilan Muskat said...

j00 ar3 n0t t3h 1337.

j00 ar3 t3h n00b.

ph34r t3h g33k+++

(Is it really 4:30am?)

4:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^ omg lolz0rs!!1 ^_^

10:09 PM  
Blogger Ilan Muskat said...

LOLlercoaster! LOLlercopter! LOLlipituian! LOLita Davidovitch! Gina LOLlobrigida! Kim Basinger! (Is she... *gestures*)

12:21 PM  
Blogger 10 Best Home Based Business said...

Extraordinary blog. Your site was hip and fresh
and we'll visit it again! I love surfing the internet
for blogs.
Please examine my start your own online home based business blog as soon as you can.

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Blog Baltimore »