Monday, March 07, 2005

Search Terms II

I forgot to mention the least funny (to me) search term that people use to find my blog: "smallest boobs." This is actually my second most popular search term after "unlikely RN." Why are people looking for the smallEST boobs? Do they want a picture? Do they think there is someone out there with the smallest boobs and they want to know who that is? Do lesser superlatives turn them on? Let me tell you, you won't find the answer here or in my perfectly well-proportioned chest.

Now, though, I think someone might just must be messing with me. After my post yesterday, I got hits from people who used the search terms "Caregiver hating patient" and (this is my favorite) "Men who are desperate to pee themselves." You read right: I am the third hit for "men who are desperate to pee themselves" using the AOL search engine. As for my apparent relevance to caregivers hating their patients, I can only say I'm working on it.

My first exam went fine and there's only 2 clinic days and 1 exam until March break. I'm excited for my break and becoming more excited for my interviews. I learned more about a unit I'm interviewing for next week and it really appeals to me - you work half time in an outpatient clinic and half time in the hospital. I think that sounds wonderful.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ilan Muskat said...

Oy. Search engine Tzuris.

Now, of course, you realize that by writing this blog entry, you'll be even more popular with respect to ALL the words you've mentioned.

Do I get nicknamed "Stormcrow" now? Or perhaps the poetic Elvish "Mithrandir", or the Valarian "Olorin"?

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as i get to call you 'fool of a Took.'

natester: +25 Geek Points(TM)

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the culprit who used the search term "caregiver hating patients". I use the internet as a sort of magic 8 ball now...when I'm at my wit's end for an answer to some emotional question that I feel has no answer, I just plug it in to Yahoo or Google and usually, there is someone, somewhere who has referenced this abstraction of mine. This, in it's own odd way, gives me peace. I never get, "Try Again", but sometimes, "Did you mean"...

I'm a caregiver to my 85 year old stepfather who has Diabetes, PD, HBP, High Cholesterol, Blind in one eye, all with limited mobility, thus requires all ADLs, including the "ass wipe". Also, he is so hard of hearing shouting is the preferred tonal level of verbal communication. He should be in a skilled nursing facility but he fears this with such intensity that I've made the decision to continue until I just absolutely can't anymore.

There are days when I am amazed at how much I can hate what I'm doing, but do it with such a level of care, be so nurturing but inside am worn and disgusted. The dichotomy is so puzzeling. Thus, yesterday, having a "mental moment" I searched and found your site.

I read the entire blog. I thank you for documenting your experience. It helped me.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous mary said...

And now we're reading you, too.
Thank you.

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are "Took" and "Mithrandir" from the Hobbit movies?

1:21 AM  
Blogger Ilan Muskat said...

Pippin's a Took. It's from the Hobbit book. (It's also in the movie for a scene.)

Mithrandir's just a name. He and Gandalf are the same. (It's said he carries bad news where he's been.)

4:32 AM  
Anonymous People Search said...

Hey this blog is not about Background Check

I have been doing hours of research on "identity-theft" and it brought me to your blog on Search Terms II. Anyways, EmJC I was reading your blog and I think it is really cool. It’s really a pleasure reading your posts! Keep up the great work.

Keep blogging away :-)

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Background Check said...

Hi EmJC, I was just blog surfing and found you! Wow, I really like this one.
It’s such a pleasure to read your post …. Interesting! I was over at another site

looking at Find People

and they didn't go into as much detail as you, but nonetheless interesting.

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Blog Baltimore »