Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Official

Yesterday I got back from Chicago and finally met my birth companions client. This involved visiting my first roach-infested, fetid and generally heart-breaking public housing project apartment. I went to my client's apartment with the public health nurse who was as unflappable as ever. The TV was on throughout the interview but the nurse just talked over it and I followed her lead. I suppose that the nurse only makes requests that are absolutely necessary ("Please don't have the baby in the kitchen this time) instead of merely for her convenience ("Please turn the TV down so I could have a chance of saving my voice"). It will be very interesting for me to see how what it's like to give birth in this country if you are impoverished, illiterate, uninsured and inner city.

The Monday hospital officially offered me the job today and I officially accepted. I start September 12th and have my physical (and drug test) on August 25th. Amazing. The other good news is that I will be working 3 months of days then 1 month of nights and every third weekend. This is considered a primo shift as I will be able to have a fairly regular schedule and not have my sleep totally out of whack every week. Also, all of the other Chicago hospitals would have had me working every other weekend. New nurses usually start on permanent nights so I am very lucky. I get paid $3.00/hour extra on nights so every fourth month I promise to take everyone out for dinner.

In other news, I continue to get about 1 or 2 hits for "rectal exam videos" each day. What's going on? Somebody has to make this video and quick.

It will not be me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sighhh* fine. i've got the 1GB SD card but i'll need a cucumber and some toothpaste. don't ask.

you know who it is

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'll also probably need a pair of ice tongs.
oh, and a friend who can keep a secret.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Ut Utah House Cleaning said...

I look for blogs as great as your work. Fine
blog. I found your site suitable for another visit!
Stop by and visiit my business opportunity home based work from blog!

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Blog Baltimore »