Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Not A Dry Eye.

The tears don’t stop this week.

Today in my psych class we watched a film that followed the disease process of a 70-year-old woman with Alzheimer’s over the course of 7 years. Her husband was a retired physicist and took over care for her and the household. He took every new blow (losing her ability to speak, losing her ability to recognize him, losing the ability to walk etc) with acceptance and was remarkably patient, loving and hopeful throughout the years. She died at home. He told the interviewer that operating his HAM radio and going to church kept him sane. I can’t think of any things, much less two things, that would/could keep me patient and loving throughout a process like this.

Later today I’m attending a presentation on controlling youth violence in East Baltimore. And they’ll be a video as well.

This video & depressing topic business has to end.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The two things that would get me through are a croissant and an overdose of narcotics.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a stuffed tailpipe and a bag of Doritos?

7:26 PM  
Blogger Ilan Muskat said...

Bagpipes and vacuum cleaners.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Home Based Business Work said...

I look for blogs as great as your work. Fine
blog. I found your site suitable for another visit!
I know that you love my work so, look up my home based business opportunity work at home blog.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Blog Baltimore »