Friday, March 18, 2005

In Which The Unlikely RN is (tentatively) Offered The Job She Wants

I received an email from the unit director of the Monday children's hospital (this hospital shall now be known as the day I had my interview there) and it looks like we're good to go there. Lots of formal things like reference checking and credit checking and fingerprint checking has to happen first although I can't imagine that will be a problem. The offer didn't come a moment too soon: the Thursday hospital was a nightmare and the nurse manager was WAY too honest with me and scared me right off. Shiver.

So I'm quite over the moon and so pleased. I think that I will learn how to be a good nurse on this floor and really enjoy working there. I'll start the second week in September. Hooray! To add to the wonderful-ness of this job offer, it looks like another girl in my program will start working at the hospital in the pediatric ICU there.

I head back to school on Monday morning. Ouch.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ilan Muskat said...

FIRST POST!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Ilan Muskat said...

Oops! Forgot to add substance. I say: jolly good show, old chum. Monday Children's Hospital sounds top-drawer. All their base are belong to you.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Third Degree Nurse said...

Congratulations! You and the job sound like a very good match.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EJC - I'm so delighted to hear this news - nobody deserves great opportunities more than you. They would have been (insert euphemism for crazy here) not to have taken you. Congratulations!- RELY

12:47 PM  
Blogger Best Home Based Business said...

Creative blog.  I thought it was the best site out
and we had to go back to it! Every chance I get on the
net I search for blogs just like your site.
I can't explain, but you need to check my home based mlm business opportunity blog!

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Blog Baltimore »