Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Bioethics Blog

My friend Celine reads the American Journal of Bioethics Blog. Who knew journals had blogs? Celine did.

The blog is very interesting and it also has a link to a clip of John Stewart hosting a Q & A on Terri Schiavo.

Does everyone know that Terri Schiavo's cardiac arrest originated from an eating disorder? In our class on anorexia and bulimia yesterday, we learned that this is the most common cause of death in patients with eating disorders (electrolyte imbalance related to vomiting or starvation -> heart attack). My friend pointed out that if, indeed, Ms. Schiavo is "locked in" or conscious at all, she's possibly quite happy that the feeding tube has been removed. She'll be thin after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ilan Muskat said...

Considering that I'm trying DESPERATELY to finish two essays for political science courses, neither of which is about the late Terri Schiavo, I find myself astonished that:

1) I knew about the bulimia-induced potassium imbalance the subsequent malpractice finding that resulted in the settlement that'd sustained Terri's life until last month;

2) I had seen that Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert clip.

And, uh, the thin thing? Let it ne'er be said that your sense of humour is anything but cutting and sinister. Good on ya!

Here's ta beers...

8:52 PM  
Blogger Best Home Based Business said...

Striking blog. I liked the site I will be back
again! Websurfing is a good way to find blogs like
yours.
I want you to look for my computer home based business blog.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Blog Baltimore »