Thursday, March 17, 2005

3 down, 1 to go

So my Tuesday interviews made me want to run screaming from that hospital. On each floor, about 30% of the nurses were non-staff i.e. from nurse staffing agencies, the nurse managers had just been hired and both of their clinical educators (the nurse in charge of training new nurses) had just quit. Wow! Where do I sign up? Also, the orientation at that hospital is only 6 weeks. For me, that seems dangerously short. At the Monday hospital, minimum orientation is 4 months.

So yesterday I had a "share day" at the Monday hospital (a children's-only hospital) and it was wonderful. So wonderful, in fact, I can't bear to think about it because I'll be so sad if I don't get a job offer there. The floor was friendly, clean, well-designed and the environment seemed extremely supportive. 3 nurses there came as new graduates over 5 years ago! Wonderful.

Today I have an adult oncology interview at a hospital that has the potential to be very good. I'm definitely excited but pretty exhausted after the impress everyone marathon March break.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no comment

12:25 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Creative blog.  I thought it was the best site out
and we had to go back to it! Every chance I get on the
net I search for blogs just like your site.
Everyday of the month you need to peep my plastic surgery seattle blog.

11:53 PM  
Blogger 10 Best Home Based Business said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my make money home based business blog site.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Blog Baltimore »