Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Fun

Thanks, Dianne, for the comment and your wish that I'm having fun. The truth is, I really am having fun. Once I got over the initial shock that this program will be my LIFE for the next 13 months, it's a lot easier to enjoy yourself.

One thing that is great about an accelerated program is that they have trimmed the fat i.e. everything we are learning we absolutely have to know. While this entails some anxiety ("have to have to know it?"), of course, it's a good thing in its own way. You don't have to guess about what exams will cover (it will cover everything), what's important (everything is) or do we really need to know this(yes, you do...everything).

What is anxiety-provoking are "sign offs". This means every student has to demonstrate a range of assessments/skills in front of faculty. For someone who can't percuss a liver span for the life of them, this is somewhat troubling. We had a "mini" sign-off yesterday where I had to perform a sterile dressing (the wound was a Frankenstein-like scar painted on a piece of paper with a red magic marker in a waterproofed plastic envelope - Just like the real thing!). While putting the sterile gloves on, I mixed up my right and left and it was a disaster. Practice, practice, practice...

Other than these small issues, it really is a lot of fun. I like learning how to put a bandage together, I like learning what heart murmurs sound like and I really like doing it with other people who are just as interested as myself.

Thanks also to my Mom and Daniel for finally acknowleding the plea for comments.

7 Comments:

Anonymous studying said...

Hey EmJC,

Your blog "Fun", leads me to believe you will find my information on study prep and exam prep to pass tests and exams to be very beneficial.

Some of the not so common searches that found our extensive site included ... differential aptitude test pass, pass differential aptitude tests abstract, easy ways to pass tests, how to pass mechanical reasoning tests, how to pass online psychology job tests, how to study and pass exams and how to pass online job tests.

We have many hundreds of study prep guides and aids to help you pass your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Best Wishes
Emily

7:10 AM  
Anonymous learning for exams said...

Hello EmJC,

After reading your blog "Fun", I believe you will find my site on study prep and exam prep to pass tests and exams to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ... licensure exam preparation for social work, medical terminology exam preparation, pharmacy technician exam prep courses, cpl exam preparation, mft exam preparation,
href="http://www.career-information-resources.com/documents/study_aids.php">entrance exam prep
, csp exam prep and hvac exam prep.
We have hundreds of study prep guides and aids to help you ace your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Kind Regards
Emily

2:52 PM  
Anonymous studying said...

Hello EmJC,

After reading your blog "Fun", I believe you will find my site on study prep and exam prep to pass tests and exams to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ... licensure exam preparation for social work, medical terminology exam preparation, pharmacy technician exam prep courses, cpl exam preparation, mft exam preparation,
href="http://www.career-information-resources.com/documents/study_aids.php">entrance exam prep
, csp exam prep and hvac exam prep.
We have hundreds of study prep guides and aids to help you ace your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Kind Regards
Emily

11:17 PM  
Anonymous dating service said...

John, hope all is well with your" date" search.
Maybe you can find looking for "dating service" at www.directmatch4free.com
Just make sure you commit to this site to let us know how you are doing!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think EmJC has a great blog! I've been surfing around everywhere and just love to read all this stuff. My blog is below if you want to take a look. Keep up the good work! construction management degree online I love Blogger!!!

2:21 AM  
Anonymous social networking said...

John, hope all is well with your" legal jobs" search.
Maybe you can find looking for "careers" at www.directmatch4free.com
Just make sure you come back to this site to let us know how you are doing!

8:11 PM  
Blogger 10 Best Home Based Business said...

Excellent blog.  I go though the web in search of
blogs like this one. Its so good, that I plan on
returning to its site!
I'm looking at the possibility of checking your 10 best home based business blog.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Blog Baltimore »