Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Reactions

At a meeting at work today, there were two news items: me going to nursing school and another young woman getting engaged. These announcements were met with joy from the support staff (nurses, data managers etc.) and cynicism from the MDs. I don't know if this is bad news for modern marriage or nursing.

My current job involves working with several nurses (whom I admire very much). When I tell them that I am going to nursing school, they think for a moment and then make a pronouncement (read: appraisal). One nurse who I respect v. much told me that I was intelligent and caring and would make a "wonderful nurse" (I have the email in case you don't believe me). Another nurse, who works for a pharmaceutical company, after her mandatory moment of thought, said "Oh." I'm never sure if these reactions come from the thought of *me* going to nursing school or nursing in general. Unfortunately, I don't know any of them well enough to ask a suitable follow-up question like "What the hell is that supposed to mean," or "Yes, you're quite right, I am smart and kind."

2 Comments:

Blogger Third Degree Nurse said...

Oh! I can relate so very much!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Home Based Business Work said...

Irresistible blog. I look for blogs like this one
when time allows me to. I enjoyed the site and I'll
check it next time!
Once you sign on, check for my based business com en home language site blog.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Blog Baltimore »